Dump Skillet meals are ideas for meals to create with fresh produce– specifically fresh produce that is on its way out. Sometimes we don’t know what to make or what we can do with a bunch of veggies because we aren’t used to using produce as the star of our meals or as the only components of our meals. Hopefully these ideas will inspire you!
- About 1/2 cup of baby spinach leaves
- 2 full leaves of kale, sliced
- 1/2 salad tomato, diced
- 1/2 stalk of scallion, chopped
- About 1 cup of baby bella mushrooms, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups of cooked rice
- 1 cup Beyond Meat beefy crumbles
- several green olives
- 1 packet of Goya sazon seasoning
- 2 teaspoons essential seasoning blend*
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
What to Do:
- Prepare rice (boil water, add rice, stir and bring to a boil again, turn heat to a low simmer, cover and let simmer for approximately 20 minutes or so– use approximately 1 3/4 cup of water for every one cup of rice). Cook enough rice to make at least 1-2 cups for one serving of this dish. Once rice if fully cooked, add 1/2 a packet of sazon seasoning to the pot and stir into rice. If you want a stronger flavor, you can add the entire packet but be aware that this will also increase the sodium level. I use about 1/2 of 1 pack for every cup of rice. Set seasoned rice aside.
- Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to a small skillet over medium heat.
- Add sliced mushrooms. Saute mushrooms for approximately 3-4 minutes, until they start to become slightly tender.
- Add kale to skillet and stir. Continue to saute for another 1-2 minutes, then add beefy crumbles and essential seasoning blend. Stir until seasoning is well mixed and continue to saute everything until kale is completely wilted down, mushrooms are tender and have browned, and beefy crumbles are heated through, approximately 4-5 minutes.
- Plate rice in a serving dish or bowl; if desired, plate over a bed of raw baby spinach for extra nutrients and to add some crunch to flavor profile.
- Spoon mushroom and beefy crumble mix over rice.
- Add diced tomato, scallion and olives on top of dish, and serve.
* Essential seasoning blend can be found here.
Date Posted on Instagram: 9/6/2018