I’ve never had pâté before, so when I created this, I wasn’t sure exactly how it should taste texture-wise. But I knew that it was pretty close, especially for a raw version of the real deal. It was also spreadable and tasted great as a filling in the peppers, so I was happy with the result. I actually made a few mistakes with this recipe, watering it down too much initially. I can sometimes have “heavy hands” and no patience. But practice makes perfect and the end result was a flavorful, healthy, cruelty-free pâté!
What You’ll Need:
- 2 cups of baby bella mushrooms (cremini)
- 1/8 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped thickly
- 1/8 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/4 cup orange carrots, chopped
- 1/4 cup green zucchini squash, chopped
- 1-2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 teaspoon parsley (fresh can also be used)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano (fresh can also be used)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 – 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
What to Do:
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor except for water.
- Pulse ingredients for about 5-10 seconds and slowly add water about 2-3 tablespoons at a time.
- Continue to pulse the pate, until ingredients blend together. Continue adding water as necessary.
- You want the sauce to be smooth but still have some thickness to it. Also, be careful not to add to much water, as this will thin the pate out too much.
- Serve as a spread on crackers or bread. Or, stuff some peppers with the pâté as seen in the featured photos! I added a dollop of the sun-dried tomato basil pesto on top of each pepper for more depth in the flavor profile.
Date posted on Instagram: 7/11/18