I LOVE alfredo sauce. Unfortunately it’s filled with dairy. However, one of the most the beautiful things about my vegan journey has been discovering all the foods I can still eat without the dairy or meat in them. This is another recipe I created during my raw vegan week challenge. If I’m being 100% honest, I was kind of surprised at how good it turned out! If you’ve had a chance to read my blog post on my week of eating raw, it was so good that it literally gave me the energy boost I needed to continue with the challenge during mid-week when I was getting a little tired of eating uncooked food and missed all my hot goodies. It truly reminded me of the alfredo sauces I used to eat– rich, creamy, and flavorful. So try it out and don’t say I didn’t warn you — it may very well be addictive!
What You’ll Need:
- 1 cup of your favorite plant-milk (I used almond milk)*
- 3-4 tablespoons of tahini
- 3/4 cup unsalted cashews (can be raw but not required)
- 1/2 cup baby bella mushrooms (cremini)
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped thickly
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon whole black peppercorns
- 1 1/2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
What to Do:
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor.
- Pulse sauce in intervals until well blended.
- You want the sauce to be smooth and creamy; add more milk if necessary.
- Serve over noodles or veggies. Taste great as a raw recipe but can be heated up as well.
* I think almond or soy may be the best for this recipe because they are both a little thicker. Oat milk for example, is slightly thinner and the goal is to have a rich sauce. But experiment and see what works best for you and your taste buds!
Date posted on Instagram: 7/17/18