Soup is so perfect for crisp and cool autumn weather. It’s also perfect for cold and windy winter weather. But most people don’t think about soup in the summer. But sometimes, we just crave that warm, cozy feeling that soup brings us. This soup not only gives you that warm, cozy feeling, but it’s also light enough that it doesn’t feel too “winter-y”. And anyway, who doesn’t love a good miso soup? Don’t even answer if you’re gonna say “me!“, because that was definitely meant to be a rhetorical question. You’re probably a complete loser if you don’t like a good miso soup. I’m just kidding — but you probably are.
What You’ll Need:
- 1/2 package of organic, extra firm tofu, cubed
- 2 stalks of scallion, diced
- 1/2 package (or approximately 1 cup) of snow peas
- 2 cups miso ginger broth (I got mine from TJ’s)
- 1 teaspoons ginger
- 1 teaspoons salt
What to Do:
- Pour broth into a medium saucepan and heat over medium heat.
- Add tofu, scallion, snow peas and ginger to broth.
- Stir all ingredients well.
- Turn up heat to high and bring just to a boil.
- As soon as broth starts to boil, reduce heat immediately to a low simmer.
- Add salt to soup and stir.
- Simmer soup for approximately 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Transfer to serving bowl. Bon appetit!
Date posted on Instagram: 7/1/18