Dump Skillet meals are ideas for meals to create with fresh produce– specifically fresh produce that is on its way out. Sometimes we don’t know what to make or what we can do with a bunch of veggies because we aren’t used to using produce as the star of our meals or as the only components of our meals. Hopefully these ideas will inspire you!
- 2 medium carrots, 1 carrot diced, and 1 slivered (or spiralized if you prefer)
- About 3-4 white button mushrooms, diced (baby bellas can also be used)
- 3/4 cup cooked quinoa (I used Trader Joe’s organic white quinoa)
- 1 Trader Joe’s Thai Sweet Chili veggie burger
- 1/2 cup frozen broccoli florets
- A few sprigs of cilantro
- 1/2 cup tikka masala sauce ( I used Simply Balanced tikka masala sauce, from Target)*
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
What to do:
- Prepare quinoa according to directions (best results occur when you prepare the quinoa uncovered, then place a cover on after the water has been absorbed and let the quinoa air in the steam for about 5 minutes). Set aside.
- Heat a skillet on medium heat with 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Once hot, add frozen veggie patty and fry for about 3-4 minutes on each side. If you want the patty to be very crispy, fry for an extra minute on each side. Remove patty from heat and set aside on dry cloth to drain
- Return skillet to heat and reduce heat to low to medium; add 1/2 tablespoon olive oil.
- Once hot, add frozen broccoli florets and saute for approximately 2 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and carrots and continue to saute veggies for another 4 minutes.
- Add cooked quinoa to skillet, along with salt, turmeric and ginger. Stir all ingredients together well.
- Reduce heat to a low simmer and add tikka masala sauce. Stir sauce into mixture.
- Once sauce is heated through, remove mixture from heat and transfer to serving dish.
- Slice the veggie patty into pieces and place on top of the quinoa mixture.
- Garnish dish with cilantro. Bon appetit!
* I also have a quick recipe for a homemade tikka masala sauce from my soup recipe!
Date posted on Instagram: 6/18/18