This is not a classic tetrazzini. I used macaroni noodles instead of long noodles. I added additional veggies instead of just mushrooms, and I used a tomato-based sauce instead of a cream-based sauce. But as far as I’m concerned, it’s still a tetrazzini– a vegan tetrazzini. And a vegan anything is always so much better.
What You’ll Need:
- 4 ounces macaroni noodles
- 1 cup Beyond Meat beefy crumbles
- 1 1/2 cups baby spinach, chopped (I use Earthbound organic spinach)
- 1 1/2 cups cremini mushrooms (I just found out that cremini’s are also known as baby bellas– I’m probably gonna start calling them that in recipes because, c’mon!)
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic
- 1 cup of your favorite (vegan) tomato sauce (for this recipe I used Bertolli Organic Olive Oil, Basil and Garlic)
- 1/2 cup canned diced tomatoes in the juice
- 1 tablespoon essential seasoning blend*
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
What to Do:
- In a saucepan, cook macaroni noodles according to directions — boil the noodles in water and cook approximately 6-10; less for al dente noodles, more for tender noodles.
- Once noodles reach desired tenderness, drain and set aside but leave in saucepan.
- In a skillet, add tomato sauce and diced tomatoes (with juice) and heat on a low, simmer.
- Stir occasionally, and when sauce begins to simmer (approximately 5-7 minutes) stir-in seasoning blend and garlic and mix well.
- Simmer for another 2 minutes; remove from heat.
- Add sauce to macaroni noodles in saucepan and mix.
- In a separate skillet, heat olive oil on low-medium heat.
- Once hot, add chopped baby bellas and saute approximately 3 minutes.
- Add the spinach and continue to saute approximately 4 minutes.
- Add beefy crumbles and salt and mix all ingredients well. Saute for another 5 minutes, until all crumbles are heated through and spinach is tender.
- Add red pepper flakes and stir. Remove from heat.
- Add beefy crumble vegetable mixture to noodles and sauce.
- Mix all ingredients in saucepan well.
- Transfer tetrazzini to a serving dish and sprinkle with nutritional yeast. Bon appetit!
* Essential seasoning blend can be found on the recipes page.
Date posted on Instagram: 6/9/18