I recently got a container of vegan protein to start making shakes with. I barely liked protein shakes before I was vegan, but I was curious as to how this one would taste and also to see if it was truly filling (it has 20 grams of protein per serving). The flavor is amazing and it doesn’t have a slightly weird after-taste which I remember other non plant-based protein shakes having. And it does keep me pretty full. Because the flavor was so on-point, I thought– why not make a milkshake? You kill two bird with one stone– you get a sweet, flavorful dessert, and also filling protein that’s healthy for you. Yep, I’m a genius. This was also my first time trying Elmhurst brand’s hazelnut milk. So. good. The idea here was to make a Nutella shake– it was a fail. But the outcome was still tasty!
What You’ll Need:
- 2 scoops of a vanilla flavored, plant-based protein powder (I used Kos Naturals)
- 12 ounces of hazelnut milk (I used Elmhurst brand)
- 1 medium-sized banana, cut into four pieces
- 2 tablespoons cacao nibs
- 3-4 ice cubes
What to Do:
- Place milk into blender along with protein powder, banana slices and ice cubes.
- Blend (on medium speed if your blender has different speeds) for about 15-20 seconds.
- Remove lid and add cacao nibs.
- Replace lid and blend again for about 20 seconds.
- Pour shake into a glass.
- Sprinkle remaining tablespoon of cacao nibs on top of shake to garnish, and serve. Bon appetit!
Date posted on Instagram: 6/4/18