This was the last salad I made (and second to last that I posted) using seasonal winter veggies — specifically brussel sprouts and carrots. I wanted to make a salad that had a hearty feel and flavor to it but also still felt light in feel and flavor. My solution? Char some hearty veggies, but use a sweetly flavored, light dressing. Mission accomplished.
What You’ll Need:
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1 cup spring mix greens
- 1 cup of brussel sprouts, quartered
- 1 medium-sized carrot, sliced
- 1 medium avocado, cubed
- 2 tablespoons raspberry vinegar (link below to see the type I used!*)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
What to Do:
- Heat a skillet on medium heat with 2 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Once oil is hot, add brussel sprouts and carrots (be careful of oil splatter!) and pan-fry for approximately 8-9 minutes or until the sprouts and carrots are mostly tender and get a crispy, charred coating on the outer layer. Remove from heat.
- In a large mixing bowl, add spinach and spring mix.
- Add charred brussel sprouts and carrots to salad mix.
- Add remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil and raspberry vinegar and toss salad to cover in oil and vinegar dressing.
- Transfer salad to serving bowl and top with avocado cubes. Bon appetit!
* Alessi white balsamic vinegar, raspberry blush:
Date posted on Instagram: 4/11/18