Sandwiches never get old. You can make them light or full-on loaded up with all the goods. You can make them sweet or savory. They’re basically one of the best food building-blocks around. Here, I made a classic sandwich with a little bit of a sauteed veggie twist.
What You’ll Need:
- 2 slices of your favorite bread (I used sourdough)
- 6 slices of Tofurky roast-beef style deli slices
- 3 slices of Follow your Heart smoked gouda-style slices
- 2 full leaves of kale, sliced in half
- 1/4 cup white button mushrooms, chopped
- 1/2 small salad tomato, sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
What to Do:
- Heat a medium-sized skillet on low-medium heat with 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Once oil is hot, mushrooms and saute for approximately 3-4 minutes.
- Add salt and garlic and stir.
- Once mushrooms are becoming tender, add kale.
- Saute until both mushrooms and kale are completely tender.
- Toast bread and place on serving dish.
- Place tomato slices on bread.
- Place kale/mushroom mix on top of tomato.
- Place gouda-style slices on top of kale/mushroom mix.
- Return skillet to heat and place deli slices in skillet.
- Heat deli slices for about 2 minutes on each side.
- Transfer slices to second piece of bread.
- Close sandwich; slice. Bon appetit!
Date posted on Instagram: 3/21/18