Inspired by the classic Italian dish of sausage with peppers and onions, this recipe substitutes the sausage for ground meat. But all the savory flavor is still there!
What You’ll Need:
- 1 1/2 cups cooked white rice
- 1 bag of Beyond Meat beefy crumbles
- 1 small green pepper, sliced
- 1 small red pepper, sliced
- 1 small yellow onion, sliced
- 3 teaspoons essential seasoning blend*
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
What to Do:
- Prepare rice in a small saucepan (boil water, add rice, stir and bring to a boil again, turn heat to a low simmer, cover and let simmer for approximately 20 minutes or so– use approximately 1 3/4 cup of water for every one cup of rice). Set aside.
- Heat a large skillet on low-medium heat with 3 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Once oil is hot, green and red peppers and saute for approximately 3 minutes.
- Add onion and continue to saute for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add entire bag of beyond meat crumbles (be careful of oil splatter!) and stir.
- Add seasoning blend and pepper; stir.
- Continue to cook for another 3-4 minutes, until onions are translucent and meat is browned.
- Transfer rice to serving dish.
- Place about 1 cup of meat and peppers on top rice.
- Sprinkle with nutritional yeast. Bon appetit!
* Essential seasoning blend may be found on the recipes page.
Date posted on Instagram: 3/18/18