I’ sure you’ll agree that pasta is never a bad idea. But pasta with fresh veggies is even better. It’s quite possible to come up with hundreds of variations of pasta and veggies and primavera’s, without repeating any ingredients. Challenge accepted.
What You’ll Need:
- 1 box of whole grain pasta (I used Trader Joe’s brown rice spaghetti)
- 2-3 full leaves of kale, chopped
- 1/2 cup white onion, chopped
- 1 16 oz. can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/4 cup pickled banana peppers, drained
- 2 teaspoons essential seasoning blend*
- 1 teaspoon parsley for garnish
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
What to Do:
- Prepare pasta according to directions. For this recipe, about 1 1/2 cups of cooked pasta should be good.
- In a medium skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil on low-medium heat.
- Once hot, add chopped kale and onion to skillet. Saute until kale is tender and onions are translucent.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and add can of tomatoes. Continue to simmer until sauce bubbles a bit and everything is warmed and tender.
- Add seasoning blend and remaining olive oil to sauce and stir.
- Remove from heat and add banana peppers to sauce. Stir and set sauce aside.
- Transfer cooked pasta to center of serving dish.
- Spoon sauce onto either side of pasta.
- Garnish pasta with parsley. Bon appetit!
* Essential seasoning blend can be found on the recipes page.
Date posted on Instagram: 3/4/18