Loaded potatoes are another classic food. Who doesn’t love potatoes? Exactly. And who doesn’t love potatoes with a bunch of flavorful toppings piled on? Exactly! It’s like taking an amazing base food that’s just waiting for you to add mounds of flavor to it, and it’s adaptable to any flavor! This variation uses sweet potatoes, and focuses on a savory BBQ flavor profile. Yum.
What You’ll Need:
- 1 medium or large sweet potato
- 1/2 cup white rice
- 1/2 cup BBQ flavored jackfruit (I used the premade kind from The Jackfruit Company, but of course, you make your own!)
- 1/8 cup scallion, chopped
- 1/8 cup rainbow carrots, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper
What to Do:
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place sweet potato on a piece of aluminum foil large enough to wrap it in.
- Poke several holes in the potato for air to escape, then drizzle olive oil over potato and wrap it in the foil.
- Place potato on middle oven rack and bake for 45 minutes, until potato is tender and soft.
- Remove from oven and let potato cool. Once cool, slice potato down the middle to open for toppings, but don’t cut all the way through into halves.
- Layer potato with rice, jackfruit, carrots and scallion.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Bon appetit!
Date posted on Instagram: 2/13/18