Soup is such a comfort food but it’s even more comforting when you c an make it a hearty meal. This soup uses the classic combo of veggies and pasta to make a hearty, flavor -filled, vitamin loaded yummy dish.
What You’ll Need:
- 1 box of whole grain fusilli pasta
- 1 1/2 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 2 full leaves of kale, finely chopped
- 1 cup fresh or frozen green beans (preferably organic)
- 2 rainbow carrots, slivered or sliced (or both)
- 3 teaspoons essential seasoning blend*
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
What to Do:
- Prepare fusilli according to directions– like most pasta, boil in water for several minutes until desired tenderness is reached.
- Drain pasta and run under cold water for 30 seconds.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil on low-medium heat. Once hot, add green beans and rainbow carrots.
- Saute for approx 5-6 minutes, then add chopped kale and seasoning blend.
- Once veggies are tender, add about 1 1/2 cups of pasta to skillet along with veggie broth.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and let soup heat up, stirring occasionally.
- Once broth is hot, remove soup from heat and transfer to serving bowl. Bon appetit!
* Essential seasoning blend can be found on the recipes page.
Date posted on Instagram: 2/7/18