Seafood flavors are in a class all their own. The crazy part is that a lot of the flavors we associate with the sea are actually derived from plant sources such as algae and kelp. This dish combines one of my favorite pre-vegan seafood items, crab cakes, with a healthy, tangy salad!
What You’ll Need:
- 1 bag of Gardein crab-less cakes
- 6-7 full leaves of kale, finely chopped
- 1 bag quinoa (I use Trader Joe’s organic white quinoa)
- 1/2 cup coleslaw mix
- 2 roasted red peppers (jarred), sliced
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
What to Do:
- Cook quinoa according to directions. You only need about 1 cup cooked quinoa for this recipe. Set aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a skillet on medium heat.
- Once hot, add about 4-6 crab-less cakes to oil (careful of oil splatter!) and fry cakes until golden brown on each side.
- Place cakes on a dry cloth to absorb excess oil and set aside.
- Place chopped kale in a large bowl.
- Add cooked quinoa, coleslaw mix, 2 tablespoons olive oil, vinegar and salt and pepper to taste. Mix ingredients together.
- Transfer kale salad to a serving bowl.
- Top salad with sliced roasted red peppers.
- Place crab-less cakes on top of salad. Bon appetit!
Date posted on Instagram: 2/27/18