Dump Skillet meals are ideas for meals to create with fresh produce– specifically fresh produce that is on its way out. Sometimes we don’t know what to make or what we can do with a bunch of veggies because we aren’t used to using produce as the star of our meals or as the only components of our meals. Hopefully these ideas will inspire you!
- 4 full leaves of kale, chopped
- 1/2 of a small yellow onion, chopped
- 4 white button mushrooms, sliced
- Approximately 1/4 cup of daikon, chopped
- Approximately 1/4 cup of eggplant, chopped
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 1/3 block of medium firm or firm organic tofu, sliced into pieces
- 1/2 cup of Trader Joe’s Thai Green Curry simmer sauce
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
What to do:
- Heat a skillet on medium heat with 1 tablespoon of olive oil in it.
- Once hot, add sliced tofu and pan-fry until all pieces are golden brown. Sprinkle with salt to taste. Set aside.
- Heat skillet on low-medium heat with remaining olive oil, and once hot, add carrots and daikon. Saute for about 2-3 minutes, then add each remaining veggie in increments of 2-3 minutes in the following order: mushrooms, eggplant, onion, kale.
- Continue to saute until all veggies are tender and onions are translucent.
- Once veggies are tender, reduce heat to a simmer and add simmer sauce; stir.
- When sauce heats up, remove veggies from heat.
- Transfer to a serving dish and top veggies with tofu pieces. Bon appetit!
Date posted on Instagram: 4/4/18