A light yet filling meal based solely on grains and veggies! You don’t have to use a “meat substitute” in every meal– sometimes an all-veggie meal or a meal that consists of grains and veggies can be just as satisfying!
What You’ll Need:
- Organic white quinoa ( I used the 16 oz. bag from Trader Joe’s)
- 1 small to medium sized red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 small to medium sized green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 small white onion, sliced or separated into rings
- About 1/2 cup white button mushrooms, sliced (can also use cremini mushrooms)
- 2 teaspoons of essential seasoning blend with NO parsley. So just the onion and garlic powder and salt!
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
What to Do:
- In a small saucepan, prepare quinoa according to instructions (best results occur when you prepare the quinoa uncovered, then place a cover on after the water has been absorbed and let the quinoa air in the steam for about 5 minutes).
- In a skillet, heat on low-medium heat with olive oil in it.
- Once hot, add in red and green peppers and onion. Add 1 teaspoon of modified essential seasoning blend and 1 teaspoon of pepper to veggie mix and stir. Cook until veggies are tender and onion is translucent.
- Set peppers and onion aside but keep skillet on heat and add in sliced mushrooms.
- Add remaining teaspoon of seasoning blend and saute mushrooms until tender.
- Transfer 1 1/2 cups of cooked quinoa to serving dish.
- Place peppers and onions around quinoa.
- Place mushrooms on top on quinoa, and serve. Bon appetit!
** Essential seasoning blend can be found on the recipes page.
Date posted on Instagram: 1/19/18