The perfect mix of healthy and indulgent! You won’t feel guilty when you balance out french fries with veggies!
What You’ll Need:
- About 2 full leaves of kale, chopped
- 1 cup of canned string beans (can also use fresh; either way, organic is preferred)
- About 1 cup fresh (or frozen) broccoli florets
- About 4-5 white button mushrooms, sliced (cremini mushrooms can be used also)
- 1 bag of frozen crinkle-cut french fries (or make your own fresh fries!)
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 teaspoons of essential seasoning blend**
- Sriracha hot sauce (optional)
What to Do:
- Heat oven to required temperature and prepare french fries according to instructions on a large baking sheet.
- While french fries are baking, heat a medium-sized pan on low-medium heat with olive oil in it.
- Once hot, add broccoli to pan first (especially if using frozen; also, be careful of oil splatter!), then add in other veggies in 1 minute intervals, adding the kale last.
- Stir in essential seasoning blend.
- Saute the veggies until kale is tender and onions are translucent and some of them have browned/caramelized a bit, approximately 5-7 minutes . You can stop the saute before the veggies begin to caramelize, but I love the caramelized flavor so I suggest trying it this way at least once! Remove from heat.***
- Transfer veggie saute to serving dish.
- Once french fries have cooked, serve on the side of veggies.
- If desired, add sriracha to veggies for extra flavor kick! Bon appetit!
** Essential seasoning blend can be found on the recipes page.
*** This veggie saute can be changed to incorporate veggies that you like! The ones I used are some of my favorite vegetables, but add in different ones to create your own butcher block veggie saute!
Date posted on Instagram: 1/16/18