One of the best and most classic meals for vegans and non-vegans alike, this is one of many variations of avo toast I have enjoyed and will be making!
What You’ll Need:
- 2 slices of bread of your choice — for this recipe I used sourdough**
- 1 medium sized avocado (that is a little past ripe and getting just a little soft — this makes it easier to mash up)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 lime for garnish
- 1 teaspoon olive oil (optional)
What to Do:
- Lightly toast sourdough bread, either in a toaster or in a skillet with a little bit of olive oil. Slice pieces in half.
- In a medium-sized bowl, empty whole avocado inside. Mash with a fork until almost smooth, with no more chunks of avocado (If you prefer chunkier avocado mash, then don’t mash as much).
- Add salt to avocado mash and mix.
- Evenly spread avo mash onto all four segments of toast.
- Sprinkle smoked paprika on top.
- Slice lime in half — use as garnish or sprinkle lime juice on top of toast for an acidic kick.
** I normally prefer any bread that has lots of grains and/or seeds, and is bare minimum wheat based — so anything that isn’t plain white bread, which is the most processed…however, I did use sourdough bread in this recipe because due to the way the dough is made it is one of the healthier “white breads” because it aids in lessening bloat and eases digestion — something to do with the fermentation process of the yeast; look it up!
Date posted on Instagram: 1/22/18