This sandwich was made by my friend and vegan support system, Rita! She has been vegan for 3 1/2 years now, and was thrilled when I told her I was making the change to the vegan life 🙂 She is also an amazing yoga teacher who owns and operates a couple of yoga studios here in NYC. To see awesome pictures of other food she has made as well as pictures of her in her yogi element, check out her Instagram page!
What You’ll Need:
- 2 slices of Dave’s Killer bread (any variety — most if not all varieties are vegan; or any bread of your choice!)
- 1/2 an avocado
- About 1/4 cup carrot, cut into slivers
- About 1/4 cup white onion, sliced
- About 1/2 cup of mixed spring greens
- 3-4 slices of tomato
- About 1 teaspoon of chia seeds
- About 1 teaspoon of hemp seeds
- About 1 teaspoon of flax seeds
- Salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- Just vegan chipotle mayo (optional)
- French fries or bag of potato chips
What to Do:
- Lightly toast both slices of bread — either in a toaster or in a skillet with olive oil.
- Spread chipotle mayo on 1 slice bread. If desired, you can use any other spread or even use mashed avo — or omit a spread altogether.
- On 1 slice of bread, layer mixed greens, tomato slices, carrot slivers, and onion slices.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add avo on top of onion; sprinkle mix of hemp, chia and flax seeds on top of avo.
- Spread other slice of spread with chipotle mayo (or spread of your choice, or no spread at all!).
- Place on top of avo to make sandwich and slice in half.
- If desired, serve with fries or chips. Bon appetit!
Date posted on Instagram: 1/14/18