A hearty Italian-inspired pasta dish that includes many classic elements!
What You’ll Need:
- 1 box of fusilli pasta
- 2 links of Tofurky Italian “sausage”
- 1 can of Trader Joe’s diced and fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1/4 cup Daiya mozzarella style shreds
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. of fresh chopped garlic
- About 5-7 leaves of fresh basil
- 2 tsp. of essential seasoning blend*
What to Do:
- Heat a medium pan on low-medium heat with 1 tablespoon of olive oil in it.
- Once pan is hot, add both sausage links and saute, turning each link occasionally until links are browned.
- Take links off heat and set aside.
- Prepare the fusilli according to the directions on the box. Prepare in a medium-size saucepan, enough fusilli to make approximately two cups of cooked pasta.
- While the pasta is boiling, empty one can of fire-roasted tomatoes in a separate small saucepan. Heat on low flame.
- Sliced links into discs and add to sauce as it heats.
- Add in fresh garlic, basil and essential seasoning blend.
- Continue warming until sauce is hot; remove from heat.
- Set sauce aside.
- Once cooked, drain pasta and run under cold water for about 30 seconds.
- Drain pasta again.
- Toss pasta in olive oil and transfer to serving dish.
- Spoon 1/2 cup of sauce on top of pasta.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella.
- Garnish with fresh basil and serve. Bon appetit!
* Essential seasoning blend can be found on the recipes page.
Date posted on Instagram: 11/30/2017