Kale is one of my favorite veggies, which is kind of ironic because I used to hate kale– and spinach– and vegetables. But now I use it in almost everything I make. Here, I created a quick and easy light, soup that’s perfect for a cool rainy day, or whenever!
What You’ll Need:
- About 4-5 full leaves of kale, chopped into large pieces
- About 5 white button mushrooms, sliced (cremini mushrooms can also be used)
- 1 1/2 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp. of olive oil (or oil of your choice)
- 2 tsp. of the essential seasoning blend*
What to Do:
- Chop or break apart the kale leaves into smaller pieces. I like mine medium to finely chopped, but in this recipe I left the pieces a little bigger for a heartier feel.
- Chop the mushrooms into segments.
- Heat a medium skillet to low heat.
- Add olive oil and turn heat to low-medium.
- Add in mushrooms and saute for approximately 3-5 minutes, until lightly browned.
- Add kale and turn-over kale into mushroom mixture. Watch the pan and continue to stir to avoid burning.
- Add in seasoning blend evenly over mushrooms and kale.
- Once kale is slightly soft and mushrooms are brown, add in vegetable broth and turn heat to low.
- Let heat for another minute; remove from heat.
- Spoon soup into a bowl and it’s ready to serve — bon appetit!
*Essential seasoning blend can be found on the recipes page.
Date posted on Instagram: 8/12/2017